What is the Student Council?
The Student Council is a group of children who are elected by their classmates who meet regularly and work collaboratively to represent the students of Northside Primary School.
Who can be a member of the Student Council?
At the beginning of each term, one student will be elected from each Std 1-7 class to join Student Council as an afternoon activity. Students who are a part of the Student Council must demonstrate great commitment and responsibility to taking action within the school community.
How long can you be a member of the Student Council?
Std 1-7: You may be a member of the Student Council for 1 term or you may join in consecutive terms.
What will you expect being a member of the Student Council?
- Identifying roles and responsibilities for the Student Council.
- Leading discussions during ‘Discussion Assemblies’ where you will encourage discussions and take notes of student concerns and suggestions.
- Creating ‘Action Plans’ and ‘Action Groups’ to address students concerns to improve the school community and environment.
- Volunteering to help at school events.
- Taking action in the wider community e.g. BSPCA.